Tuesday, January 26, 2010

10 Ways You've Changed in the Last 10 Years: A Survey of Reflection and Style


by Jocelyn M. Goode

"The Thong Song", black boot-cut pants (a.k.a. bitch pants), studded aviator glasses, the election of George W. Bush, Y2K panic, velour warm-up suits, trucker hats, exposed midriffs and navel rings, "So Fresh, So Clean", Destiny's Child...the list of trends and popular culture highlights from the year 2000 could continue.

Now, it's 2010, ten years into the new millennium. As long as a decade is, 2000 doesn't seem that far back. However, much has happened in fashion, art, technology and politics and most of us have shifted our opinions and changed our perspectives over the past years. Just as style has evolved and the landscape of ideologies has morphed, so has the way many of us view the world.

FAIM Internet Magazine invites its readers to reflect upon 10 ways they have changed in thought and in style since the turn of the century. Complete the following statements to measure your own shifts. Copy them from the body of this post and paste them in the comments section along with your answers. Feel free to get your friends and family to take the quiz and check back to see what other readers have to say.



Part One: Perspective
1. 10 years ago, my greatest accomplishment was...
Now, my greatest accomplishment is...

2. 10 years ago, I thought happiness came from...
Now, I believe happiness comes from...

3. 10 years ago, I used to struggle with...
Now, I struggle with...

4. 10 years ago, I thought that sex was...
Now, I think that sex is...

5. 10 years ago, my biggest fear was...
Now, my biggest fear is...

6. 10 years ago, my ultimate goal was...
Now, my ultimate goal is...

7. 10 years ago, I thought cheating was...
Now, I think cheating is...

8. 10 years ago, my thoughts on spirituality/religion were...
Now, my thoughts on spirituality/religion are...

9. 10 years ago, I paid...amount of attention to politics.
Now, I pay...amount of attention to politics.

10. 10 years ago, I defined success as…
Now, I define success as...


Part Two: Style
1. 10 years ago, I spent...hours a day using the Internet.
Now, I spend...hours a day using the Internet.

2. 10 years ago, my guilty pleasure was...
Now, my guilty pleasure is...

3. 10 years ago, I would describe my social life as...
Now, I would describe my social life as...

4. 10 years ago, I had...piercings/tattoos.
Now, I have...piercings/tattoos.

5. 10 years ago, I would never have...
Now, I would never...

6. 10 years ago, my favorite party song was...
Now, my favorite party song is...

7. 10 years ago, I had...best friends.
Now, I have...best friends.

8. 10 years ago, I felt that marriage was...
Now, I feel that marriage is...

9. 10 years ago, I thought I looked best dressed in...
Now, I think I look best dressed in...

10. 10 years ago, I was...years old.
Now, I'm...years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment